Home News Minutes - March committee meeting
 

HHSC Opens

9th December 2018
Alan Doyle Memorial Sprint
(Level 3)
 
18th/19th May 2019
Spring Development (Level 3)
(details to follow)

Swim Manager

Swim-Manager-Logo-2x

Forthcoming Events

Sat Nov 17, 2018
Guildford L2 Winter Open
Sat Nov 17, 2018
Watford Contry Qualifier
Sat Nov 24, 2018
Black Lion Winter Open Meet
Sat Dec 01, 2018
CoStA Winter Open
Sat Dec 08, 2018 @08:00
National Arena League 3/3
Sun Dec 09, 2018
HHSC Alan Doyle Memorial Sprint

Club Calendar

November 2018
S M T W T F S
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
Minutes - March committee meeting
Written by Administrator   
Wednesday, 22 April 2009 16:44

 Minutes of HHSC Committee Meeting 9th March 2009

 



Present:                                 Apologies:

 

Joan Keevill (Chair)                                      

Annette Reed (Secretary)                   Mark Horrod

Charles Dainton                                  Ben Howard

Andrew Farrow                                   Adrienne Monger

Martyn Hall                                                                       

Tish Seabourne

 

Agenda Items

  Minutes and outstanding actions

  Finance update (Martyn)

  Swim 21 update (Tish, Charles and Joan)

  CRB update (Tish)

  Membership and admin update (Andrew)

  Competitions/events update (incl initial reactions to first Counties sessions - Charles, Andrew...)

  AOB (incl new hats and feedback on recent HASA forum - Charles, Joan, Mark, Annette)

 

1.  Previous Minutes

16 February  2009 - Accepted AF, seconded AR

 Outstanding Actions.

ASA Helpers Course - Paul Mackie and Amy Howard on course and enjoying it.

Need to claim expenses from County Action: Joan

Coaching - Joan has still not got around to speaking to all coaches but plans to do a survey by email.

Charles confirmed letter/instruction sheet was sent out to swimmers prior to Counties.

Trolley for pads - awaiting new/revised price from supplier. Action: Ben

Lap top - Martyn has discussed spec with Andrew and will now source a new one.

Filing Cabinet – no news re the club getting a second hand one but urgently needed. Action Mark to purchase one for club.

T-Shirts/Hats - blue hats for both Club and for Peanuts ordered/received. Tshirts: supplies to be obtained of polo shirt in Hemel Team turquoise colour. Action: Annette

Flyer - Adrienne provided draft copy, which was accepted initially but subsequently Tish provided a different draft that was felt to be more child friendly so it was agreed that Tish would do printing of both.

To be sent to local schools with covering letter. Tish circulate draft letter for approval and has school details. There are 47 schools in the Dacorum area to be mailed. Years 4 & 5 to be targeted.

 

2. Financial

MH circulated copies of Accounts.

MH has received an e-mail from Sports Space giving an indication of 2009/10 pool costs, which indicates 5% increase.  MH to acknowledge communication, and to begin dialogue.

ASA increase in rates were noted.

 Income from shop continues to be good.

   

3. Welfare

TS read through information received from ASA.

There are still grey areas on who needs to be checked. ISA Register will start to be phased in during October. Committee discussed idea of checking as many regular helpers as possible in the run up to the change in policy.

Agreed that all poolside helpers are to be CRB checked and "in house" official training (briefing of about an hour plus self declaration form completed) will be carried out. Action Tish and Joan once Tish has completed an education CRB training update early April.

 

4.  Membership

During February, membership had a small increase of 9

Again there has been some movement between groups. AF thanked for his membership report

 

5.  Swim 21

TS reminded MH that there needs to be a provision in the budget for hardship cases.  Action Martyn.

Risk Assessment form must be completed for all events, home / away / land training / social. TS to talk to Trevor Barnet.

JK to compile a coaching survey. AF to circulate.

JK liaising with Nadine Mackie to get help finding and publicising future courses for both coaches and officials.

Evidence of our development plan will include minutes of AGM, coaches review and Committee minutes. Coaching Development to be supplied by JK.

JK and CD gave feedback from the recent Herts ASA clubs forum in Welwyn during which Swim 21 was discussed. We need to demonstrate we are actively seeking re-accreditation. Action: Tish to contact local RDO to begin dialogue.

 

6. CRB Briefing

TS to update list of CRB checked coaches and helpers. Action JK to send list to TS.

 TS / JK to devise a briefing for remaining helpers in the Club, a self declaration will be included.

 

7. Birthday Open

Pool has been booked for 17 October 2009.  Details to be circulated to potential participating Clubs.  Action AF

Replacement Birthday Open trophy to be purchased and engraved with last two year’s winners.   Action CD  Trophy to be presented to Watford ideally while Counties is on.

 

8. Competitions

 CD explained rationale for entering 3 teams into Peanuts.

There will be a Peanuts trial on 29 March. Parents to be recruited as helpers for the events.

Action: CD to talk to Bill Woodhouse re organising the trial and recruiting parents, and explain that some of sub-committee, eg Dave P and Pam W likely to be willing to help.

 Leighton Buzzard C Meet 38 swimmers have entered.

Milton Keynes - swimmers entering independently.

Herts Major: CD briefly reviewed our recent performance as a club. It was agreed that we should do an eletter about this as soon as possible and circulate via email, informing all parents of the outcomes, what worked particularly well, areas for improvement, etc. Action: JK to draft (with help from CC?), CD to review, AF to circulate to membership.

 

9. AOB

AF reported that Club Records have been updated, and the information is available on the web site - click here and follow the link to Records


   

Date of Next Meeting:  7.30pm Monday 6 April 2009.

 

Follow us on Twitter